Saturday, February 14, 2009

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas


These enchiladas are so good!!! I got the recipe from one of my favorite cooking blogs.. http://www.mykitchencafe.blogspot.com/. I did make a couple of changes to the original recipe. The initial recipe calls for 6 Tbsp. Honey, but I use 4 Tbsp. so it's not so sweet. Also, I add a little of the sauce on the inside of the enchiladas so they don't end up dry. You could also add some garlic and onions if you'd like. The first time I made this I used 3 small chicken breasts, but this time I used 2 large. Also, in a pinch you could buy a rotisserie chicken and shred that.

Ingredients
4-6 Tbsp. honey
1/3 c. lime juice
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1 lb. chicken, cooked and shredded
8-10 flour tortillas
1 lb. monterey jack cheese, shredded
16 oz. green enchilada sauce
1 c. (approx.) heavy cream

Mix the first four ingredients and add the shredded chicken. Let marinate for at least a half hour. Mix the green sauce and the cream together. Use as much or as little cream you like according to taste. Spread approx. 1/2 cup of sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Fill the tortillas with the chicken, cheese, a scoop of sauce, and roll up. Pour the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 30 min. until brown and crispy on top.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Tammy, I made these for the missionaries and our family last night, and everyone LOVED them! Thanks for a great recipe!