Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lemon Chicken


This is a totally easy recipe I actually got from the 3rd ward's cookbook! Then I looked on the side of the soy sauce, and it is basically the same recipe found there. Super Duper easy and surprisingly good, not the taste I expected. I even got to use my first lemons from my lemon tree! We'll definitely make it again. (You could serve it with pasta or rice, we just had good bread).

Lemon Chicken

4 chicken breast
2 T butter
1 clove garlic, crushed (I used 2)
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp flour
1/2 c. cream or millk, slightly whipped ( I didn't slightly whip)
salt & pepper to taste
juice of 1 lemon

Brown the chicken in the butter and garlic til white (about 5-6 minutes per side). Add the lemon juice, soy sauce, and seasonings. Lower heat to simmer, cover and cook 25 minutes. When done, remove chicken pieces to a separate plate and add to the skillet the cream/milk, stirring constantly, then the flour, still stirring. Replace the chicken in the skillet and let simmer another few minutes.

1 comment:

megan said...

I made this the other night. It was good!