Sunday, February 8, 2009

Golden Graham S'mores

So, this recipe first came out in 1971 on the box of Golden Grahams cereal.  I remember LOVING the tasty bars when I was little.  I went to make them for my children for FHE and could not find the recipe anywhere - every Google search produced a similar recipe, but not the right one.  Luckily my mom had saved the cereal box recipe from years ago.  I thought I would post the recipe before it vanishes forever.  

Grease a 9x13 inch pan
Pour 8 cups (1 13 oz box) Golden Graham cereal in a bowl.

Over low heat stir:
4 cups mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
5 TB butter
1/4 cup Karo syrup

Stir the above ingredients on low heat until melted.  Remove from heat and add 1 tsp. vanilla.

Pour hot mixture over Golden Grahams and add 1 additional cup mini marshmallows.  Press into pan and let cool.  Cut into squares.


No comments: