TamiLyn’s family’s recipe
16 cups popped popcorn
( two full batches in the hot air popper)
1 cup nuts (½ pecans, ½ almonds)
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 cup butter
½ cup corn syrup
½ tsp cream of tarter
Add after boiling:
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp baking soda
1) Place popped corn in clean sink.
2) Melt butter on low – will double in size when baking soda is added, so use a large pot. Mix in sugar, corn syrup and cream of tarter. Bring to a “soft ball” on candy thermometer – 235 degrees?
3) Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda.
4) Pour syrup over popcorn and nuts and mix until thoroughly blended.
5) Pour out onto parchment paper and let cool.